[Mod] Tricky Truck: Remastered (Modding Project)
Information 
Hello, I'm ToxicHax, aka NitroTrucker (Haxman2 on the old forums)
some of you might remember me from my level modding tools for Tricky Truck (which I'll re-upload soon)

However today I'm showcasing a mod I'm working on, called:  Tricky Truck: Remastered

Download link at the bottom

What is Tricky Truck: Remastered and what does it do?
TT:R is a mod that changes the look, tweaks the gameplay and adds new features to tricky truck.

TT:R doesn't technically run on TT's official servers, but rather on a custom server that I'm currently developing.
This custom server will also act as a relay server that relays and pulls info to the official TT servers, example: levels, level uploads, replays...etc

(if there's any gameplay changes, replays won't be compatible and will only be pulled / saved on the custom server)

The level editor will get an upgrade and the levels will still be compatible with TT and will still be uploaded to TT's official servers

Note: There will be a seperate version that is fully compatible with TT and will run strictly on TT's official servers

What changes will TT:R include?
- Improved visuals (more info below)
- Editor Features (more info below)
- Offline mode (requires you to run your own local tt:r server)
- and more...

More info about the features:

The menus and UI will look slightly cleaner
and you'll have access to a hidden tab (aka play deleted levels)

The level editor will get some limits removed, like the truck not being very editable, and the wheels (you'll be able to resize them)
if you have a $ features, you'll be able to add up to 3 AI trucks.
The default level editor layout will change, to something more usable, allowing you to create levels easier...

What's the current progress?

I have a very early version of a custom server coded, as well as I have started with the UI and menu clean up

Here's a screenshot:
[Image: zRhSGST.png]

More info to come soon, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Big Grin

Download in this thread: http://www.gravitysensation.com/forum/sh....php?tid=4

Note: This is a mod and is not affiliated with the official development of Tricky Truck, and thus will not distribute any TT content directly.
Tricky Truck in a parallel universe!  Sounds good, just please make the text and objects large/bold enough for visually impaired players like me.  This is why I currently don't create much with planet droidia.  Very small text I can't use very well.  Also, I use v0.7 of the modder a lot in my levels.  Great tool but was concerned you had abandoned the project.  Glad to hear you haven't.  TT has so much more potential.  DLing now!  :-)
(03-13-2018, 01:47 AM)Aldibar Wrote: Tricky Truck in a parallel universe!  Sounds good, just please make the text and objects large/bold enough for visually impaired players like me.  This is why I currently don't create much with planet droidia.  Very small text I can't use very well.  Also, I use v0.7 of the modder a lot in my levels.  Great tool but was concerned you had abandoned the project.  Glad to hear you haven't.  TT has so much more potential.  DLing now!  :-)

Bold font you say? You'll need the TT:R Manager for this to apply the bold font patch that I attached to this post!

as far as updates for the level modder tool goes, I think I lost the source code for it, however perhaps I'll make an improved Level Modder tool, or maybe I'll just implement all of its features into a mod for TT:R... heh..

anyways, if you're confused on how to install mods / patches, here's a tutorial:

Mod Install Tutorial:
0. Download ui_bold_font.txt attached to this post below, right click it>save link as and rename the extension from txt to ttr (so it becomes: ui_bold_font.ttr)
1. Open up TT:R manager and install (if you havent already)
2. Browse to your tricky truck folder, then to the TTRemastered folder and inside that folder there is a 'patches' folder
place the included file (ui_bold_font.ttr) inside the 'patches' folder
3. Click Mod Manager in TT:R Manager
4. In the patch list (left side) you'll see the UI Bold Font patch, click on it and then click on "< Transfer >"
5. (optional) Transfer any other patches you want installed as well (only the patches on the right side list get installed)
6. Click on Apply, Done! 
Make sure to run the TT:R exe and not your original TT exe, to do this: 
Click Run in the TT:R manager
(or browse to the truck.exe file in the TTRemastered folder and run it manually)

Enjoy the bold font, hope it helps! Big Grin
note: some text gets cut off due to the bigger font, it should still be usable tho!
(if that doesn't help, try running the game windowed mode but lower resolution than your monitor, then maximize the window, things will appear bigger also crappier quality lol)

here's a screenshot of the bold font patch:
[Image: m9p4pCx.png]

Attached Files
.txt   ui_bold_font.txt (Size: 157 bytes / Downloads: 3)
Sweet! So what kind of mods are you planning on? If i may make a suggestion I've always thought the pistons were a little too, umm, un-configurable. I could do so much more if the pistons could have parameters I could set such as starting open or closed. Adjust speed in which they move, triggers open or close them. How long it stays open or closed once triggered. Some of the levels i've made would have been so much easier to make if i had these things. I've even had to scrap a few level ideas because of limitations of pistons. I know a lot of this is being implemented into PD but if they could be in TT that'd be awesome.
(03-16-2018, 01:42 AM)Aldibar Wrote: Sweet!  So what kind of mods are you planning on?  If i may make a suggestion I've always thought the pistons were a little too, umm, un-configurable.  I could do so much more if the pistons could have parameters I could set such as starting open or closed.  Adjust speed in which they move, triggers open or close them.  How long it stays open or closed once triggered.  Some of the levels i've made would have been so much easier to make if i had these things.  I've even had to scrap a few level ideas because of limitations of pistons.  I know a lot of this is being implemented into PD but if they could be in TT that'd be awesome.

What is "PD"?